How much does Skippermyboat cost?
- Registration and Use of skippermyboat.com is completely free for hosts and customers.
Why are the prices so different?
- The prices of the boats are very different for many reasons. Depending on what type of boat it is, prices vary. They also vary depending on the time of the year. For example, the price will be more expensive during the summer because the weather is warmer and therefore there is more demand.
When do I have to pay the charter?
- At the time of booking
What can I expect as a client?
- Finding the boat according to your expectations.
- A clean boat on the arrival.
- Getting the keys where and when agreed.
- Enjoying all the benefits that the boat was advertised to have on Skippermyboat.com
What if something unexpected happens?
- If something unexpected happens, please email us or call us. Remember that we are at your disposal to help you with anything.
Is the mooring included in the price?
- This information is specified in the listing page of the yacht. However, usually depending on the fleet and its location, the rental price includes the mooring in the base port.
Is smoking allowed on board?
- Normally smoking is prohibited in the cabins and inner areas. In most boats, it is allowed to smoke in the cover. However, you will have to verify this with the owner of the boat.
How does the key handover work?
- The handover of keys should be agreed with the owner beforehand.
Can I take pets on board?
- That depends on the owner.
- Check if the information is specified in the boat's file, in the extras section or send a unique inquiry to the Host.
What kind of boat should I charter?
- That all depends on you. Important questions for deciding what kind of boat you are looking for include: how many people are you sailing with?, How much space and comfort do you need?, etc.
- Whatever your needs may be, Skippermyboat is sure to have a boat that is right for you.
- Contact our concierge service in the bottom right corner for help finding the perfect rental!
Will I need a skipper?
- This depends on your sailing experience. Bareboat rentals require a qualification to navigate. If you do not have this, it is required and reasonable to rent a skipper. Keep in mind that sailing certificates can vary by country.
Can I afford renting a boat?
- Yes you can. The cost per person of renting a boat is usually equal or less than the cost of going to a hotel or taking a trip, but with more comfort and no crowds. That is the reason why renting a boat is a unique and unbelievable experience.
What type of equipment will I find on board?
- All equipment you will find will be the one specified in the basic data of the boat shown on Skippermyboat.com
- If you rent a boat and the information posted on the website does not really fit the truth, please contact Skippermyboat and we will find a solution.
To stay overnight, should I always moor in port?
- It is not necessary as along the coast there are frequent natural shelters, such as creeks or bays, where you can spend the night perfectly. In fact it is an experience recommended and something that you cannot miss.
What time can I board?
- The time to "check in" and "check out" has to be specified by you to the owner of the boat after setting forth the details of the rental. The time is usually adapted to the client's needs.
What is the price of the skipper?
- Pricing may be viewed on the Yacht Listing Page. Each listing varies, please review terms before booking.
(Bareboat) Is the price of fuel included? What is the cost?
- Please check your listing thoroughly.
- Fuel costs will be listed as included in total price or as an additional cost. Amounts required will vary with each listing.
- Fuel consumption depends largely on the type of boat and especially on the engine of the vessel, that is:
- If you hire a sailboat and sail, fuel consumption is minimal (although it depends if the wind blows).
- On the assumption that you navigate a sailboat with an engine of 30 to 40 horsepower, maximum consumption can be 10 liters per hour. (About 10 Euros per hour of navigation)
- But if you sail with a motorboat with two engines of 200 horsepower each one, you could spend about 45 liters per hour. (About 45 euros per hour)
- Through a simple rule of three you can estimate the expenses on fuel.
Note: This data should be understood as approximations to reality and it does not constitute an objective statement of reality because there are many factors to take into account not covered by the above provisions.
If the weather conditions are not right can I get the money back from the reservation/booking?
- Generally, no money is paid back. Hosts may modify the dates of the reservation if needed.
What does Skippers Concierge Service Offer?
- Want to book an excursion, boutique hotel or need help planning where to travel?
- Click the bottom right icon at any time to reach our concierge
What do I have to do if I have questions that I want an answered before making the booking?
- First, check the listing for the information.
- Send the host an initial inquiry message, for additional requests you may have.
- Never hesitate to contact the Skipper helpdesk or ask the concierge for help.
Can I cancel or change my booking through SkipperMyBoat?
- Our main cancellation policy revolves around 30 days cancellation. Which will allow guest and hosts confidence in a booking.
- Our Policy:Any reservation can be canceled 30 days or more prior to the rental local start time for a full refund.
- If the Renter cancels the reservation 30 days or more prior to the rental local start time, he/she will receive a refund less applicable Service Fee.
- If either the Boat Owner or the Captain cancel the reservation 30 days or more prior to the rental local start time, the Renter will get a full refund including the Service Fee.
- On the contrary, if the Renter cancels the reservation less than 30 days prior to the rental local start time, he/she will not receive a refund, except for any additional security deposits.
- If either the Boat Owner or the Captain cancel the reservation less than 30 days prior to the rental local start time, the Renter will receive a full refund including the Service Fee.
- Moreover, the following provisions will hold true in case of respective responsibilities originating from the Renter, Boat Owner or the Captain: - Available in full policy
- More public details here
- A guest cancelling is free to do so with the above restrictions/policies, they must provide a reason why. This will be clearly displayed in the booking messages.
Do I have to leave a deposit?
- Owners may request a deposit for expensive equipment or other accessories on your trip.
- Such deposits must are handled directly between you (the customer) and (the owners).
- The deposits must be provided during the check in and returned when the charter ends.
Why I can not call the owner?
- For the Privacy of our Hosts. You may message owners with initial inquiries. Once a formalized rental request has been completed you can specify with the owner all details.
What happens if the owner cancels the booking?
- A fee is incurred by the Host
- 15 or more days before booking then we’ll deduct $200 from your next payout.
- 15 or less days before a booking then we’ll deduce $300 from your next payout.
Do I have to register to make a booking request?
- In order to process the bookings safely and improve the transparency, we need you to create a Skippermyboat account. This also allows you to keep track of your reservations in our system and allows us to provide you the best possible care.
Why should I add my phone number?
- You must submit a valid phone number to verify your profile and for boat owners to get in touch with you.
- To add or edit your phone number, go to your host dashboard / Edit account/ Security
- Choose your country from the drop down menu (the prefix automatically appears) and enter your phone number.
How can I delete my account?
- Currently it is only possible by contacting the help desk at sup[email protected]
- We inform you that you can always contact the team of Skippermyboat to answer your questions or concerns.
What happens if I forget my password?
- If you forget your password, click on the "Sign In" (located at the top of the web page).Once clicked, you will find the link "Forgot your password". Follow the instructions.
- Contact the Skippermyboat Support Team
How can I change my password?
- To change your password, access to your Host Dashboard, go to Security, then "Edit Account”. There you will find the option to change it.
Why didn't I receive any email of confirmation?
- It is possible that the notification or verification email has been flagged as spam or junk. You can avoid it deleting our messages in your list of spam by adding our email [email protected] to your address book.
How can I find any available boats for the period I want?
- Search for your desired Location, then use the date filter on the results page.
- Message our concierge at the bottom right of your screen. Send us your trip and relax. We will find the perfect rental and alert you when your search is ready.
- Message us any time and our team will be there to assist you.
Can I search the boats by price?
- Yes, but first you have to select the destination and date of your charter. Below you will see a list of available boats. At the top of the page you will find the option to sort the search. If you click, for example price, you can sort by price.
What does Skippermyboat do with my personal information?
- If you receive spam from another member of Skippermyboat or any breach of Payment Service , please notify us.